SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. - September 3, 2015 - Ten of the best video marketing campaigns are moving on to the final stage of Virool’s Race to Zero Gravity Contest. Today, Virool, the fastest-growing video advertising platform for marketers, announced the ten finalist videos from brands including Downtown LA, Dubai Airports, Esurance, HelloFlo, Hinge, Organic Valley, Samsung, Tiger Direct, Quaker, and Zipcar.
For the past twelve months, 250 teams competed for a chance to win a weightless experience aboard Zero Gravity Corporation’s aircraft, G-FORCE ONE. Videos poured in from across the world and included media buying and creative agencies like Starcom MediaVest Group, Beeby Clark+Meyler, M&C Saatchi LA, R/GA, Leo Burnett, Hadley Media, MEC Global and Memac Ogilvy.
“For the past year, we’ve seen video marketers push the limits of their creativity and produce amazing, made-for-the-web videos that tell a story and evoke an emotion,” said Alex Debelov, CEO of Virool. “The Race to Zero Gravity Contest was designed to celebrate this movement, or what we call advertainment. We believe the top ten finalists are true pioneers in advertainment, and we couldn’t be more excited to advance them to the final round.”
About the Finalists
There are several key factors that embody advertainment and contribute to the success of a video advertising campaign. Virool scored all of the entries across several categories including concept, brand resonance, emotional impact and engagement to determine which videos would move on to the next round. In alphabetical order, the ten finalists include:
1. Downtown Los Angeles “#iamdtla” Video submitted by Forte - The Collective (Los Angeles, CA)
2. Dubai Airports “Fly Like a Penguin” Video submitted by Chief Productions (London, England)
3. Esurance “#EqualDreams” Video submitted by Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL)
4. HelloFlo “First Moon Party” Video submitted by Hayden 5 (New York, NY)
5. Hinge “Introducing Playdating: Hinge for Toddlers” Video submitted by Hinge (New York, NY)
6. Organic Valley “Save the Bros” Video submitted by Humanaut (Chattanooga, TN)
7. Samsung "O Desafio: Bob Burnquist X Gabriel Medina" Video submitted by Starcom MediaVest Group and R/GA (Miami, FL)
8. Tiger Direct “Orphanage Robbery Prank” Video submitted by Tiger Direct (Miami, FL)
9. Quaker “Recital” Video submitted by OMD (Toronto, Canada)
10. Zipcar “I’d Tap That: Grannies” Video submitted by Zipcar (Boston, MA)
About the Virool Race to Zero Gravity Contest
Kicking off last year at Advertising Week, the Race to Zero Gravity Contest invited video marketers to submit their best advertainment for a shot at winning a weightless experience with their entire team. Now, the top ten finalists will move on to the next round to be judged by industry leaders and notable celebrities including Founder and CEO of Atom Factory, Troy Carter; American Film Director and YouTube Star, Casey Neistat; Co-Founder of Vimeo and CollegeHumor, Ricky Van Veen; Platinum-Selling Hip Hop Artist, Chingy; Chief Marketing Officer of Rubicon Project, Mari Kim Novak; and Chairman at MyersBizNet, Jack Myers.
The winner will be presented at Advertising Week NYC 2015 on Tuesday, September 29th at 2:15pm EST in the Times Center Hall. For more information or to view the finalists on the Race to Zero Gravity, visit www.virool.com/zerogravity